Replacing the Parking Brake Kit on your 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe? The ACDelco 179-2236 is a genuine replacement, with the fit of an Original Equipment part.
GM Genuine Parts Parking Brake Kits are designed, engineered, and tested to rigorous standards, and are backed by General Motors. This parking brake kit includes the necessary bolts, fasteners, bushings, and other hardware where applicable for your vehicle's parking brake system. GM Genuine Parts are the true OE parts installed during the production of or validated by General Motors for GM vehicles. Some GM Genuine Parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco GM Original Equipment (OE). WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Features and Benefits:
- GM Engineers design and validate OE parts specifically for your Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac vehicle
- GM Genuine Parts are designed, engineered and tested to rigorous standards, and are backed by General Motors
- GM regularly updates production and service part designs to integrate new materials and technologies
- Some GM Genuine Parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco GM Original Equipment (OE)
- The following inspections and maintenance procedures can help prevent potential brake problems.
- – Calipers and wheel cylinders should be checked every brake inspection and serviced or replaced as required.
- – Check brake fluid level at every oil change. Replace fluid according to owner's manual recommendations.
- – Check the thickness of your brake pads.
- – Inspect the brake lines for rust, punctures, or visible leaks (You may be able to do this, but consult a qualified technician if necessary).
- The following should be conducted by a qualified technician:
- – Inspection of brake lining and pads for wear or contamination by brake fluid or grease.
- – Inspection of the brake hoses for brittleness or cracking.
- – Inspection of wheel bearings and grease seals.
- – Parking brake adjustments (as needed).
2 Holding Springs, 2 Adjusting Nuts with Screws, 2 Lever Lubricants, 2 Stop Plates, 2 Adjusting Bolts, 2 Push Rods, 2 Levers, 2 Release Pawls, 2 Covers, 2 Brake Shoe Linings, and Instruction Sheet
24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty (Parts Only). Please see ACDelco.com for more details.