Replacing the Rack and Pinion Assembly on your 1999 Ford Escort? The ACDelco 36R0165 is a genuine replacement, with the fit of an Original Equipment part.
ACDelco Professional Remanufactured Rack and Pinion Assemblies are premium aftermarket replacement parts which convert the rotation of the steering column to the steady and consistent response of the vehicle's front or rear wheels. Remanufacturing rack and pinion assemblies is an industry standard practice that involves disassembly of existing units, and replacing components that are most prone to wear with new components. Damaged and obsolete parts are replaced and are end of line tested to ensure they perform to ACDelco specifications. In addition, remanufacturing returns components back into service rather than processing as scrap or simply disposing of them. These rack and pinion assemblies will provide the same performance, durability, and service life you expect from ACDelco. WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Features and Benefits:
- All sealing surfaces are polished to tightly controlled microfinish specifications
- Housings are bead blasted, thoroughly washed, inspected, and dipped in rust inhibitor. This minimizes corrosion and rust prior to reassembly, helping ensure long service life.
- Multiple cleaning and washing stations, with regular contamination audits, for every component inside the rack and pinion minimize internal contamination and increase part service life
- Racks are checked for straightness, polished to meet strict microfinish specifications, and inspected with the Magnaflux process to ensure structural integrity
- Seals and boots are replaced with 100% new premium-grade parts to help extend the life of the product
- – After any service of the power steering system, always bleed the air from the system and verify proper system operation. An accurate fluid level cannot be obtained unless air is bled from the steering system. The air in the fluid may cause pump cavitation noise as well as pump damage over a period of time.
- – Always check the specific manufacturer's service information for the correct power steering fluid to use. Different fluids are specified by manufacturers to meet the operating requirements of their power steering systems. On some modern steering systems, brake fluids or transmission fluids may not be compatible with pump components. Using the wrong fluid could cause hose and seal damage as well as fluid leaks.
- – Check power steering fluid levels periodically and add fluid when necessary.
- – Have your vehicle inspected if it exhibits any of the following symptoms: unusual noise when turning the steering wheel, a shimmy or shake in the steering wheel, heavy or unresponsive steering at low speeds or during parking lot maneuvers, and/or the steering wheel does not return to center properly.
- – If you live in areas that experience harsh winter weather, have the entire steering system inspected before winter arrives to help ensure safer driving.
- – It is a good idea to replace O-rings when doing any steering system service.
- – Keep in mind that fluid color is not an indication of fluid condition.
Remanufactured - Not for sale where imports are restricted. Centigrade, Celsius
End To End Length:
Gasket Or Seal Included:
Inlet Line Fitting Diameter:
Inlet Line Fitting Gender:
ACDelco; Professional Power Steering; Professional Remanufactured Rack and Pinion Assembly; Rack and Pinion; Rack and Pinion Assembly; Remanufactured; Remanufactured Rack and Pinion; Remanufactured Rack and Pinion Assembly; GEAR,STRG (RACK & PINION-POWER COMPLETE); GEAR,STRG (RACK & PINION-MANUAL)
Mounting Brackets Included:
Mounting Hardware Included:
New Or Remanufactured:
Outer Tie Rods Included:
Outlet Line Fitting Diameter:
Outlet Line Fitting Gender:
Total Turns Lock To Lock:
24 Months/Unlimited Miles Warranty (Parts Only). Please see ACDelco.com for more details