Replacing the Engine Water Pump Gasket on your 2019 Cadillac CT6? The ACDelco 251-2076 is a genuine replacement, with the fit of an Original Equipment part.
ACDelco GM Original Equipment Engine Water Pump Gaskets are used between the water pump housing and the engine block or another component to seal the interface between the components. The gasket may be made of fiber or a rubberized composite material that provides a liquid-tight connection. The gasket keeps the engine coolant in and keeps air out. These original equipment gaskets have been manufactured to fit your GM vehicle, providing the same performance, durability, and service life you expect from General Motors. WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Features and Benefits:
- GM-recommended replacement part for your GM vehicle's original factory component
- Manufactured to GM OE specification for fit, form, and function
- May be made from fiber or a rubberized composite material
- Offering the quality, reliability, and durability of GM OE
- Before purchasing and installing an engine water pump gasket, make sure it is the correct fit for your vehicle.
- Tips for Water Pump Inspection:
- – A stain around the weep hole is acceptable. However, if a weep occurs with the engine running and the coolant system pressurized, then the water pump should be replaced.
- – Clean all excess dirt and debris from the water pump housing.
- – Inspect for leakage at the water pump outlet housing or the rear cover gasket, and leakage at the water pump vent or weep hole.
- – Run your vehicle to increase engine temperature, and ensure the system is pressurized.
- Tips for Water Pump Servicing & Installation:
- – After installation, pressure-test the system for leaks and check for sufficient fan blade clearance between the blade and radiator shroud.
- – Clean all sealing surfaces, and make sure all old gasket material is removed before installing your replacement component.
- – Clean and reinstall the coolant recovery reservoir before flushing the cooling system.
- – Do not use any non-approved flush agents and replace the coolant according to manufacturer's specifications.
- – Flush the cooling system completely, using power flush equipment or thermal cycling the system with clean water three times. The most effective method of system flushing is to use a coolant exchanger, following the manufacturer's operating instructions.
- – Inspect related components in the cooling system, including your fan blades, fan clutch, engine mounts, radiator, belts and hoses, and reservoir.
- – Never strike the water pump shaft, since this will damage the new water pump.
- – Torque all bolts according to the manufacturer's specifications and adjust belts to proper tension (if applicable) to manufacturer's specifications.
- – Use sealant tabs only if recommended. Some sealant tabs or similar compounds may restrict coolant flow through the passages of some cooling systems.
- – With the new pump installed, turn the hub by hand and check for rotation.
Informational Chart 1:
Informational Chart 2:
24 Months/Unlimited Miles Warranty (Parts Only). Please see ACDelco.com for more details